Back to all jobs
Bookkeeper opening for expanding public accounting firm with more than 60 years providing tax, accounting and advisory services to our clients while embracing the core values of Work/Life Balance, Continuous Improvement, Teamwork, Professionalism and Accountability.
This opportunity is ideal for a career minded bookkeeper who enjoys working independently with minimal supervision to support a wide range of clients who are individuals and small businesses.
- Post entries and transactions; prepare payrolls and related tax reporting.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Prepare monthly sales tax returns.
- Maintain general ledger and tax records to facilitate tax return preparation.
- Review, analyze and ensure accuracy in reporting and posting figures; escalate as needed.
- Interact with a wide range of clients in a competent, friendly, and professional manner.
- Demonstrate daily, high standards of professionalism, confidentiality, communication, and performance.
- Strong bookkeeping and accounting support skills – preferably from CPA firm experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work in QuickBooks desktop and QuickBooks Online (QBO) accounting software.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and manage project deadlines and client expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines to support multiple clients and serve their needs accurately, and concisely.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently display a positive attitude, and willingness to work effectively and efficiently within an environment where priorities constantly change.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently with ease and take ownership of assigned tasks or projects.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Hourly Rate commensurate with experience in the range of $24.00-$30.00/hour
- Comprehensive medical, dental, short term and long term disability insurance offering.
- SIMPLE retirement plan with 3% match.
- Summer hours (Memorial Day to Labor Day) = half day Fridays
- 3 weeks’ PTO plus opportunity to bank additional hours during tax season; can carry over 40 hours annually.
- Professional Development
- Career Advancement and growth opportunities within expanding firm.
Cathy Wynne, SPHR, SHRM-CP