Commercial HVAC Service Manager
Manage and grow our established Stratford, CT based, Commercial HVAC sales and services. We offer HVAC Installation, Geothermal, Ductless AC and Heating, and provide 24-hour emergency services, and preventative maintenance to customers across Connecticut and Westchester County, New York.
The Service Manager is accountable for growth, customer and employee satisfaction, and operational excellence of the Commercial HVAC sales, service and special projects. This means developing, training, and communicating expectations to your 20-person team, providing vision, a point of escalation, and leadership in the following areas:
- Coordinate daily and weekly work schedule to ensure sustainable growth through bid success, profitable installations, and satisfied customers.
- Oversee the installation and maintenance of systems or equipment to ensure that it is completed properly.
- Escalations – Handling customer escalations as well as system and process issues.
Sales: Work collaboratively and inspire your team to:
- Develop and expand Service Sales through the satisfaction and loyalty of existing customers.
- Identify new business prospects. Estimate and quote projects following company established process and follow through with timely and accurate proposals.
- Coach and support Service Sales growth by the timely completion of proposals, agreements, and contracts, through field inspection and site surveys to properly determine scope of work.
- Ensure that recommendations are correct for the customers’ needs, commercial installation, preventative maintenance, budget, and customers’ expectations.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the Commercial HVAC and Special Projects division.
- Ensure that safety standards are met by all employees.
- Ensure promises made to customers are kept, including timely response and completion of all service calls.
- Identify areas of process improvement and work collaboratively towards continuous improvement.
- Financial oversight of department budget and P&L.
- Maintain company processes and procedures including confidentiality, legal requirements, licensing, and reporting.
- Proper use of Company tools and systems; including but not limited to ERP, outlook, calendars, and other company systems. Financial reporting to execute product sales and track from lead to completion, monthly reporting.
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- 5+ Years of Commercial HVAC Service and Management experience.
- Leadership: Proven, successful experience as a leader in a similar role; leading service, sales and support employees.
- Technical Knowledge: Demonstrated hands-on knowledge of the various types of HVAC equipment; how they function and how to repair them.
- Communication: A successful Service Manager can communicate with commercial customers and internal employees in a professional, respectful, knowledgeable and trust building manner.
- Problem Solving: Agility and ability to identify problems, research potential solutions and execute solutions.
- Organizational Skills: Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and delegate tasks effectively. Track progress towards goals and manage multiple projects, including scheduling of people and resources.
- Business Acumen: Excellent business and financial acumen; proven experience building and managing a budget.
- Competitive Salary plus Bonus Structure.
- Company Vehicle
- Comprehensive Benefits including PTO that supports Work/Life Balance. Insurance offered with generous employer contribution for Health, Dental, and Life. 401K for your future retirement.