HR Generalist – Vernon, CT
Reporting to the VP of HR, the HR Generalist is a full-time, office-based position, working collaboratively within a team of 5, responsible for supporting the HR function and administration, compliance and service excellence in supporting the needs and development of 425 mostly field-based skilled trades employees, while complying with all federal, state and local laws pertaining to employment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manages the Apprentice Program for CT, MA, and RI.
- Coordinates new hire requests, interviewing process, offer letters, pre-employment screenings, and new hire documentation in compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Manages tasks related to Human Resources audits, complaints, or claims.
- Creates annual Affirmative Action Plan, EEO-1 Reports and related Federal and State reports.
- Maintains hiring, discipline, and termination practices in compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations including but not limited to EEOC and OFCCP compliance.
- In support of Talent Acquisition, posts open jobs and works with hiring managers to ensure qualified candidates are hired using legally compliant methods.
- Working in collaboration with trainers, presents company required HR related training, as needed, and/or ensures training compliance.
- Responsible for ongoing compliance of maintaining employee files and associated records in accordance with all state and federal requirements.
- Supports Executive Team with insight and guidance on employment laws, human resources practices, and related workforce issues that could impact business continuity, operations, or employee relations.
- Backup to Benefits Administrator -Managing Benefits (Medical/Dental/Life/FSA) enrollments, changes and billing as required in accordance with any applicable corporate deadlines and regulations.
- Travel – this position may require infrequent travel (within 3 hours) to other local branches.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or a related field (required).
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- 5+ years of demonstrated progressive experience in human resources, including sourcing & recruiting, employee relations, HR compliance, and/or benefits administration.
- Commitment to the practice of HR and the desire to continue professional development, which will be supported by the company.
- Knowledge of Employment Laws and Regulations, and compliance with policies, procedures, plans and programs.
- Demonstrated experience developing relationships, maintaining confidentiality, communicating professionally, making sound decisions, responding appropriately and timely, and working collaboratively within a team of dedicated professionals.
- Construction, Mechanical Services, Field Services, or similar industry experience is preferred.
- Microsoft Office, ERP and ATS knowledge and experience required.
- Compensation will be based on experience, education, knowledge, and ability – and will be in the range of $75K- 90K.
- Benefits include Medical (4 plans to choose from), FSA, HS, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, 401K with Match, ESPP with Match, Tuition Reimbursement.
- Company-wide Holiday Party, Summer Outings, Company Discounts.
- Growth and upward mobility.
- Mentoring and professional training and development by dedicated senior leadership.