Sales Consultant – Mobility and Accessibility Products
The Sales Consultant is an outside sales, Business-to-Consumer, member of the Sales team and works with all members of the organization to sell and provide our customers with home accessibility solutions. They are responsible for a professional approach and representation of the company and uses their sales and product knowledge to insure a positive outcome for the clients and their families.
A qualified Sale Consultant must have relationship building skills and an understanding of the potential challenges that our customers face with mobility and accessibility in the home and be able to conduct an in-depth needs analysis for the customer. The sales consultant will make recommendations and present solutions with purchase options. In addition, the sales consultant must set expectations for the customer regarding timing, installation and warranties, service agreements and other product lifecycle information. They will coordinate the purchase, work with scheduling, collect orders, and collaborate with other team members to drive a 5-star customer experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Meet with Clients and their families on a daily basis at pre-scheduled appointments (3 per day on average).
- Conduct needs assessment of home and discuss with client recommendations that will enable customer to safely and effectively navigate activities of daily living (ADLs), such as entering and leaving the home, moving from one level to another in the home, utilization of bathrooms, bedrooms and other areas where movement can cause a fall.
- Present solutions to client and customers and demonstrate how these life changing solutions can be installed into the home.
- Utilize tools and measurement protocols to determine feasibility of products.
- Produce an estimate and proposal for customers.
- Provide solutions to cost and other barriers by assisting in purchase options, financing, and rental options.
- Complete documentation for new clients and work with the operations team to ensure appropriate paperwork to set up for installation.
Provide Installation for Handicap Ramps, Grab Bars, and Transfer Aids as trained.
- Respond to client questions and concerns; assess Client needs, status, and tolerance issues, troubleshoot, and make recommendations as indicated or requested.
- Determine eligibility for any assistance.
- Road Warrior – This is an on-the-road job. A clean driving record and ability to travel throughout your assigned region is essential.
- Installation Experience with Home Modifications including Handicap Ramps, Grab Bars, and Transfer Aids
- Must be able to work in CRM and other company software systems.
- Business-to-Consumer, Home equipment Sales experience preferred.
- Time Management, Ethical Business Practices, Professional & Empathetic Demeanor
- Base Salary of $50,000 – $60,000 plus commission for individual and regional quotas
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance is offered.
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid Time off for Holidays& Vacation
- Company Car or Allowance
Cathy Wynne, SPHR, SHRM-CP