Senior Mechanical/Design Engineer
$110,000 – $120,000
Due to growth, we are adding a Senior Mechanical Engineer to our expanding team. We design, fabricate, assemble, program, document, ship and install complex test systems that simulate the environment experienced by aircraft parts and components.
This is an opportunity to be involved in programs from concept, to design, build, and installation at Customer sites across the world. We have a proven reputation for high quality standards, innovation, efficiency, and customer loyalty.
- From a SOW, create detailed schematics, mechanical parts, pipes, valves, chillers, tanks, heaters and systems – and how they are interconnected.
- The Senior Mechanical Engineer is proficient in SOLIDWORKS to build parts and overall mechanical design with accuracy such that holes and dimensions are properly fabricated, keeping in mind purged enclosures and chosen materials.
- Design panel and mechanical rack to hold components that make up the system.
- With installation mindset and use of flowmeter software, design valves (solenoid, PID, air operated, ball, valves, hand valves).
- Create detailed plumbing diagrams including list of item numbers – BOM.
- Keeping timeline and budget in mind, select materials, call vendors, and acquire pricing,
- Create layout of components to minimize the time to maintain, repair, and calibrate a system.
Mechanical Repairs, Testing & Calibration:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair and document customer products (ours or other suppliers), for issues related to software, components, power, systems, or operator error.
- Use in house tools, or suggest purchase of tools, including DVMs, function generators, counters, oscilloscopes, etc…
- The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for editing calibration procedures and changes, for documentation including photos and Visio diagrams, for internal and external customers.
- Work collaboratively with internal team on various programs and projects, to meet customers’ needs.
- Participate in video conferences with customers to review progress and schedules.
- Provide mechanical interface specifications, locations for pressure transducers, temperature sensors, speed pickups, flow meters and other sensors as required.
- BSME required.
- 8+ years of hands-on mechanical design experience.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute independently, use critical thinking in decision making, and follow Standard Work of lean manufacturing.
- Must meet ITAR Regulations (US Citizenship Required).