Back to all jobs
Newly created Staff Accountant position for expanding public accounting firm with more than 60 years providing tax, accounting and advisory services to our clients while embracing the core values of Work/Life Balance, Continuous Improvement, Teamwork, Professionalism and Accountability.
This opportunity is ideal for a career minded accounting professional who enjoys working independently with minimal supervision to:
- Review monthly, quarterly, or annual financial statements for accounting/reporting errors and implement solutions to correct the financial statements.
- Prepare tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, and trusts/estates.
- Compile financial statements, review for adherence to standard requirements and present to clients.
- Interact with a wide range of clients in a competent, friendly, and professional manner.
- Demonstrate daily, high standards of professionalism, confidentiality, communication, and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Accounting required, CPA or CPA candidate a plus.
- 2+ years of experience working in a public accounting firm preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with general ledger systems; QuickBooks desktop and QuickBooks Online (QBO) accounting software.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook, and advanced Excel.
- Ability to work independently and manage project deadlines and client expectations.
- Thorough understanding of general ledger accounts, and practical application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and communicate data logically, accurately, and concisely.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently display a positive attitude, and willingness to work effectively and efficiently within an environment where priorities constantly change.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently with ease and take ownership of assigned tasks or projects.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Salary commensurate with experience in the range of $60,000 – $70,000.
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance offering.
- SIMPLE retirement plan with 3% match.
- Summer hours (Memorial Day to Labor Day) = half day Fridays.
- 3 weeks’ PTO plus opportunity to bank additional hours during tax season; can carry over 40 hours annually.
- Commission plan for new business.
- Paid Continuous Professional Education (CPE) courses.
- Assistance with CPA exam fees.
- Career Advancement and growth opportunities within expanding firm.
Cathy Wynne, SPHR, SHRM-CP